Frequently Asked Questions
What is Getting to Year 2 @ CSU?
Getting to Year 2 @ CSU is designed to help first-year students begin thinking about how they will navigate these and other challenges they may face in their second year. This semester-long campaign has compiled resources from around campus that students can utilize as they begin thinking about their transition into their second year. Whether their concerns pertain to housing, studying abroad, selecting a major, or staying connected, Getting to Year 2 @ CSU is here to help!
How Does it Work?
Getting to Year 2 @ CSU includes one-time events, as well as on-going initiatives that can be completed at any point during the semester. First-year students can attend, or participate, in any of the initiatives included in the Getting to Year 2 @ CSU campaign! Not only will students receive valuable information pertaining to their second year at CSU, but they will also be entered into a chance to win sweepstake prizes by engaging in multiple initiatives.
Students who engage in 3 or more initiatives will be eligible to win prizes such as Ramcash, gift cards and meal swipes for their second year. Students who engage in 6 or more initiatives will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a FREE parking pass for the 2017-2018 academic year (a $520 value)!
Participation will be tracked during the semester and winners will be announced at the beginning of May, 2017. In addition to these prizes, students will receive free door prizes at certain events. Below is a list of programs and initiatives that can count towards the sweepstakes:
- Housing Fair (students MUST complete the housing fair survey before leaving the fair to be eligible for the Getting to Year 2 @ CSU sweepstakes)
- Education Abroad Workshops (students MUST sign in at the workshop to be eligible for sweepstakes)
- Rams Around the Fort Workshops (students MUST sign in at the workshop to be eligible for sweepstakes)
- "Like" the Getting to Year 2 @ CSU Facebook page (this page will contain regular updates about upcoming events on campus and resources for success)
- Class of 2020 Night at the Men's Basketball Game (students MUST check-in with the Year 2 @ CSU table on the south concourse to be eligible)
- Exploring Majors Fair (students MUST check-in at the entrance to be eligible for sweepstakes)
- TILT Workshops: Damage Control OR Creative Thinking (students MUST sign in during these workshops to be eligible for sweepstakes)
- More events and initiatives MAY be added during the semester. Please check your email and/or the Getting to Year 2 @ CSU
How can students stay up to date?
All first-year students living in the residence halls will receive a post card in their mailbox at the start of the semester listing all initiatives taking place in the spring. Additionally, students will receive bi-monthly emails from Year 2 @ CSU which will highlight upcoming initiatives, as well as provide students with tips and important information for their second year. First-year students can also “Like” the Getting to Year 2 @ CSU Facebook page to receive regular updates and information. Finally, students are encouraged to visit the Orientation and Transition Program website (www.otp.colostate.edu/gty2) to learn more!